Individual FAQs - Online Services (MyAccount/eFile and FastFile)
FastFile is designed for taxpayers who are ready to file and complete their current year tax return in one session.
- No login or registration is necessary.
- You must be ready to file and complete the return in one session.
MyAccount-Online Services allows taxpayers to file current year and previous year returns, make payments and check account history.
- Login and registration is necessary.
- Information entered is stored and can be accessed and filed at a later date.
- Information from the previous year filing is auto-populated and does not need to be re-entered.
- Additional features available:
- Check filing and payment history
- Check estimated payments made
- Send secure messages for any questions on filing your return.
Select "Forgot Password?" link in the login screen at MyAccount
- Enter your UserID
- Enter you Email address
*note - the email address entered must be the email address that is associated with your account. If you do not know the email address that is associated with your account, call customer service at 800.860.7482.
An email will be sent to you with a link to change your password.
I filed electronically through a tax preparation service and I received a confirmation number that my RITA return was filed electronically, how can I verify that my return was filed?
Login to MyAccount and go to the File and Pay screen. This screen will provide history and filing status for current and prior year returns. Be sure that the tax year in question has the filing status “Filed (eFile)" or "Filed (paper)". If the filing status states “Begin eFiling" or "Continue eFiling” then the return has not been submitted to RITA. In this case, ask your tax preparer if a confirmation receipt was sent to the tax preparer. The tax preparer should have this notification on hand at the time your return was filed. Your tax preparer may have to resubmit the form or provide a paper copy to file by mail.
I made a mistake on my electronically filed return (MyAccount or FastFile). Can I amend that return electronically?
No. All amended returns must be submitted on a paper form, with all supporting documentation attached.
Yes. Login to MyAccount and select the File a Tax Return option.