Individual FAQs - Online Services (MyAccount/eFile and FastFile)

Individual Taxpayers have two options to electronically file their tax returns: FastFile or MyAccount.

FastFile is designed for taxpayers who are ready to file and complete their tax return in one session. 

  • No login or registration is necessary.
  • You must be ready to file and complete the return in one session.

MyAccount-Online Services allows taxpayers to file current year and previous year returns, make payments and check account history.

  • Login and registration is necessary.
  • Information entered is stored and can be accessed and filed at a later date.
  • Information from the previous year filing is auto-populated and does not need to be re-entered.
  • Additional features available:
    • Check filing and payment history
    • Check estimated payments made
    • Send secure messages for any questions on filing your return.

Select "Forgot Password?" link in the login screen at MyAccount

  • Enter your UserID
  • Enter your Email address

*note - the email address entered must be the email address that is associated with your account.  If you do not know the email address that is associated with your account, call customer service at 800.860.7482. 

An email will be sent to you with a link to change your password.


Currently, Turbo Tax (Intuit) does not submit forms electronically to RITA. If you prepare your RITA tax return through Turbo Tax, you must print it out and mail to RITA or you may enter the information and electronically file using MyAccount or FastFile.

Login to MyAccount and go to the File and Pay screen. This screen will provide history and filing status for current and prior year returns. Be sure that the tax year in question has the filing status “Filed (eFile)" or "Filed (paper)". If the filing status states “Begin eFiling" or "Continue eFiling” then the return has not been submitted to RITA. In this case, ask your tax preparer if a confirmation receipt was sent to the tax preparer. The tax preparer should have this notification on hand at the time your return was filed. Your tax preparer may have to resubmit the form or provide a paper copy to file by mail.

The normal time for a payment made through MyAccount or FastFile to post to your account is 3-4 business days.

No, if you have an ITIN, to file your municipal income taxes you must use a paper form.  Paper tax forms can be accessed at Forms and Instructions.